Experience the Beautiful Voice of Kelly Siew
During this holiday season, twitter musicians have united to bring you free music. No strings attached. So enjoy a short interview with these great indie musicians, and then download to your heart’s content!
Meet Kelly Siew!
Kelly Siew has been singing since she was 7. Born and raised in Malaysia, she has participated and won various singing competitions over the years. It certainly didn’t stop after she came to Australia for her study – she won Melbourne University karaoke
championship 2 years in a row and that has helped her gaining many gigs in Melbourne. She has also came 1st runner up for the International Chinese New Talent Singing Championship in the Melbourne division.
Her style was traditionally Chinese pop, and being in Australia has helped in developing a fusion of Western pop and R&B in her singing. She has also been co-writing with James Roche from Bachelor Girl and is currently working on more original materials.
Kelly still works in her ‘day job’ as a Medical Practitioner, and in fact is a Psychiatrist in training. Who say you can’t have the best of both worlds?
Find Kelly Siew on Facebook
Official Kelly Siew YouTube Channel
The Kelly Siew Twitter Account @kellysiew
Holiday Gift To Our Fans –
“Wishing my friends, both familiar and recent, a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. May your best days be ahead in the coming year and I hope our new connection brings as much to you as it does to me. I hope you enjoy visiting my world and I hope my music touches you as the music that inspired, and continues to inspire me, drove me to where I find myself now. The best of the season to us all. Thank you!” – Kelly
FREE music downloads: http://www.reverbnation.com/kellysiew
Things you did not know about Kelly Siew!
1. Name your favorite reindeer and why?
Rudolph obviously, feels like I’ve known him a long time. His song is one of the first I knew.
2. What is you favorite Christmas Song?
Away in the manger.
3. Name the top 5 things on your Christmas wish list?
1. I want a recording contract
2. I would like to duet with Alicia Keys
3. The big log fire.
4. I would love Christmas in New York. Christmas in summer is just not the same!
5. I want to win the snowball fight. 😉
4. Where can we find your tour dates?
Keep a close eye on Myspace or my facebook page for updates!
5. Where can we buy more of your music?
At the moment I’m considering putting some of my music up on iTunes, but in any case, let’s hope my EP launches next year!
6. What artist are you compared to?
Rihanna and Alicia Keys, also Coco Lee (taiwanese singer)
7. What genre does your music fall into?
Pop, with a little flavour of R&B
8. Who inspired you to be a musician?
Many years ago, Amei (Zhang Hui Mei), a taiwanese singer released her first album. I’ve been following her journey since I was in high school and she has always been a huge inspiration for me, a powerful voice full of passion and raw emotions.
9. Name your best moments in 2010.
Gosh, 2010 has been quite a year of rollercoaster ride! I think the biggest thing I’ve done was making the decision to take a year of leave from my medical practice and concentrate on music full time for year 2011. Here are some of the others:
1. Finishing the production for 3 songs. Each one special to me as they are all about my personal experiences and how I felt there and then.
2. Perfecting my parking techniques. (finally coming off probationary driver license as I started learning driving late, only when I was finishing my University degree)
3. The new friendships I made.
4. Learning more about myself.
5. My cooking gets better everyday!
10. What do you look forward to the most in 2011?
1. Working on my debut EP and hopefully launching my music career, whereever it takes me.
2. Hopefully getting that recording contract I want.
3. Uncovering new recipes, maybe even stepping into a commercial kitchen just for the learning experience.
4. Seeing more of the world.
5. Learning more about the music I have inside of me…..
11. What do you want us to know about you?
I want people to get to know me through my music, the stories I have to tell. I hope people will see that my story has many layers and colours. There have been sad moments and moments where I triumphed. There have been times when I’ve been alone and times when I’ve been the life of the party. I hope my music reflects that. I hope all the colours in my life come out with the music. This is me. My story. And I want to put it on the biggest billboard for everyone to see.
(Err, and I’m also training as a Psychiatrist. Please don’t hold that against me.)
12. Are you on Santa’s naughty or nice list?
Not sure whether I’m on Santa’s naughty or nice list. I’m such a good girl usually. No staying up late, no running red lights, no double parking, no bad words, fed all my friends cupcakes and all things sugary. I think Santa’s quite impressed with me actually. But. We’ll see what’s in my stocking on Christmas day!!